Hanesbrands (HK) Limited ("HanesBrands", "we","our" or "us") respects your legal rights of privacy when collecting, storing, using, processing and transmitting personal data and this PPS explains our privacy practices. We are legally required to comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region when collecting, holding, using and/or processing your personal data. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff to the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
Please read the following carefully to understand our policy and practices regarding how your personal data will be collected, treated and processed. By providing your personal data to us, you are consenting to this PPS and the collection, use, transfer, storage and processing of your personal data as described in this PPS.
2.) Collection of Personal Data
To preserve the confidentiality of your personal data provided to us, we maintain the following data privacy principles:
- I.)We only collect personal data that we believe to be relevant and required to conduct our business;
- II.)We will not disclose your personal data outside HanesBrands unless we have your consent or are required by law or as stated in this PPS;
- III.)We aim to keep your personal data accurate and up-to-date;
- IV.)We maintain appropriate security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data.
"Personal data" refers to any data which directly or indirectly identifies you as an individual, or is capable of doing so. This PPSsets out the basis on which we will collect, use and process personal data obtained and collected through this website ("Website").
A) Purposes of Collection of Personal Data
The purposes of use of your personal data collected through this Website include:
- I.)Applying for the use of service or relevant and required to conduct our business;
- II.)Handling enquiries and feedbacks for better services to shoppers;
- III.)Conducting internal audit and statistical analysis purposes; and
- IV.)Any matters directly related to the above.
Your personal data will be handled by HanesBrands staff only and will not be disclosed to any third party unless required by law, for complying with accounting and tax rules and regulations, for HanesBrands' involvement in legal proceedings, or we have obtained your prior consent or as set out in (4) below. Moreover, we will not use or transfer your personal data for direct marketing purposes unless we have obtained your prior consent to do so.You are not obligated to provide personal data to HanesBrands, yet failure to do so may result in HanesBrands being unable to process your application(s) or to provide facilities, services or information which may be of interest to you.
B) Type of Personal Data Collected
The type of personal data HanesBrands collects from you will depend on the specific type of services and products as requested by or provided to you for the purposes mentioned above. Personal data you may be required to provide include, but not limited to:
- I.)Contact information, including but not limited to telephone numbers, mailing address, and email address; and
- II.)Your business information, such as, company name and business title.
3.) Data Retention
HanesBrands keeps personal data for such period that is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the data was collected or as required or permitted by applicable laws. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep your personal data, HanesBrands will take all reasonably practicable steps to destroy your personal data that are no longer required for the purposes for which the data were originally collected.
4.) Transfer of Personal Data
Personal data of customers held by us will be kept confidential but we may provide such information to the following persons except that we have no current intention to transfer customer data to another person for it to use in direct marketing:
- I.)the authorized distributors or official partners of HanesBrands;
- II.)the media (only in relation to the handling of customer complaints and enquiries referred to us by the media);
- III.)any person to whom any company member is under an obligation or is otherwise expected to make disclosure according to any law, regulations, codes of conduct or guidelines applicable to any company member
- IV.)any person who owes a duty of confidentiality to any company member (e.g. professional advisers of us).
We take all reasonably practicablemeasures to protect personal data, whether stored physically or electronically, and prevent unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use (including transfer).
If you use or continue using this Website, we will assume that you are happy for us to set cookies. You may choose to reject all or some cookies at any time by changing the setting of your web browser on your device. However, please be aware that if you choose to delete or restrict cookies, you will not be able to use some of the functions of this Website.
7.) Third party sites
This Website may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check such policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. We cannot be responsible or held liable for the actions of third party sites from which you may have linked or been directed to this Website.
8.) Data Access and Correction
You have the right of access to personal data held by us about you and to request correction of your personal data. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
Should you have any enquiries concerning this PPS or if you wish to access or correct your personal data held by us, please contact usat:firstname.lastname@example.org
This PPS is subject to change. Any changes will be posted on this page. Your continued use of this Website and/or mobile applications after the posting of such changes indicates your acceptance to the same.
Hanesbrands (HK) Limited